Saturday, April 04, 2015

I'll just leave this here....

I was listening to yet another of the reports on NPR regarding #RFRA and heard this interview, Indiana Church Opposed State's Earlier Religious Liberty Law. Right out of the gate I heard the individual being interviewed introduce herself and quite literally face-palmed (while driving no less). See if you can pick out everything wrong in this statement:
SHARON WATKINS: I'm the Reverend Dr. Sharon Watkins, general minister and president of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).



Oh, as a shocker the Wikipedia page for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) reports:
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has experienced a significant loss of membership since the middle of the 20th century. Membership peaked in 1958 at just under 2 million.[64] In 1993, membership dropped below 1 million. In 2009, the denomination reported 658,869 members in 3,691 congregations.[64]
I am simply stunned by that.

I might need to find something different to listen to during my commute....

No comments: